Creating Your Single Page Life Plan©
Talk about tangible take-aways! At the end of this presentation, everyone will have their own, personal Single Page Life Plan©, and a signed copy of the book! This unique tool will help you stay focused on meaningful goals and Action Steps that will lead to more energy, greater productivity, and greater success at work and home.
Creating Your Single Page Life Plan© is fast, simple, and life-changing.
“Priorities must earn their way to page one!”
Gone are the days when we can expect ourselves, or our team members, to work from 9 to 5, go home to a life of physical, financial, and organizational chaos, and return the next day ready to put in a robust and productive day.
A Simple, Powerful Tool!
Single Page Life Plan© is a simple tool that helps each of us motivate ourselves to greater heights, rather than relying on CEOs and managers to continually push us and ‘fill our tank’. It is designed to:
- Be used on a regular basis
- Be updated often to adjust to changing circumstances
- Benchmark our goals and activity
- Help us stay organized
- Help us be accountable to our unique priorities.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- Why most business plans and life plans fail
- The 5 Elements that every life plan should have
- Why a life plan should never be P.O.S.H.
- How to create Single Page Checklists for all of your special projects.
- The power of adding C.A.P.S. to your life:
- Why your plan deserves a signature … Yours!
- A signed hardcover copy of Single Page Life Plan
- Your own, customized Single Page Life Plan©
- Tools and techniques to add time, energy, and purpose to your every day!
Creating A Single Page Life Plan for Realtors©
This presentation is the same as Single Page Life Plan, but specifically for those who make their living in real estate.
Can be combined with Sell (or buy) That Four Family Next Door! – Understanding the Fundamentals of Multifamily Investment Property, or Walking and Talking – Stories of Success and Humor in the Real Estate World of Business.
A signed hardcover copy of Single Page Life Plan for Realtors
Your own, customized Single Page Life Plan©
Tools and techniques to add time, energy, and purpose to your every day!
Seeing Past Friday Night
Today, young adults face decisions that have bigger and longer-lasting consequences than ever before. When heroin becomes the ‘entry’ drug for young people, you know we have a problem.
Garrett Scanlon draws from his book, Seeing Past Friday Night, a short, easy-to-read book with powerful ideas on how high school students can deal positively with the challenges of drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
Creating A Written Agreement
In this presentation, Garrett challenges the students to enter into a written agreement (provided in the book) with a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or mentor to avoid drugs, alcohol, and tobacco in exchange for privileges such as use of a car, or help with the cost of car insurance, gasoline, and/or cell phones.
30-60 minutes and can be personalized for your audience.
Speaking Presentation Outline:
- How I Got a Free Car from My Parents
- And He’s My Friend!
- The Power of Saying NO
- How to Prepare for Your Polygraph
- Enjoy Your Facebook Review
- Free Samples
- Your Greatest Reward
Why young adults need to see past Friday night
As singer-songwriter Brad Paisley sings in his song, A Letter to Me, “Oh, you have so much going for you … going right, But I know at seventeen it’s hard to see past Friday night.”
In today’s world, individual responsibility and intentional behavior needs to be self-adopted at an ever-younger age.
“I wish I had smoked more cigarettes!”
Nobody will ever look back and wish that they had smoked more cigarettes in high school! Or consumed more alcohol! Or accepted more rides from people who insisted they were okay to drive! When high school kids project ahead and consider that they really are not missing out on anything – that they will not look back with regret that they didn’t experiment with drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol – this helps them to See Past Friday Night.
What happens when new freedoms & independence clash with a sheer lack of experience?
Nobody is granted a greater expansion of freedom, independence, and responsibility than is a high school student. In a short couple of years they go from sitting in their 8th grade classroom looking forward to weekend soccer game, to hurtling down the freeway at 60 miles per hour in a used car, thinking how best to deal with dating, choosing new friends, social media, and selecting the right college.
Where this speaking presentation came from
This presentation emerged from several years of Garrett’s volunteer-speaking to grade schools and high schools. If you know of a school or group that would benefit from Seeing Past Friday Night, please ask about Garrett speaking about this topic to parents of 8th grade students and freshman and sophomores at affordable pricing.
- Signed copies of Seeing Past Friday Night
- An agreement that can be agreed to and signed between 2 parties that offer added incentives for a young adult to deal with the challenges of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco in an effective way.
Sell (or Buy) That Four Family Next Door!
Understanding the Fundamentals of Multifamily Investment Property
Designed for the residential Realtor who is looking for ways to expand their business in a challenging market. Also designed for Realtors, or anyone interested in real estate, who want to invest in apartments or other investment property.
This course is designed as either a 1 hour lunch ‘n’ learn session or a 3 hour continuing education class.
You will learn:
How to Create Equity and Build Wealth
- Example stories of how investors have created wealth through investment property
- The get rich slow method
3 ways real estate earns you a return on your investment
- Cash Flow
- Principal Reduction
The benefits and risks of leveraging property
- Comparing the effects of a 15 year loan vs. a 30 year loan
- When should I consider paying all-cash for a property?
How to build your team of consultants and advisors
- Mentors and Advisors
- Real Estate Agents
- Property Managers
- Title Insurance Companies
- Property Inspectors
Other topics include:
- 32 Questions to ask the Seller when purchasing apartments
- A word on pet fees
- Preparing for that rainy day
- Checklist for apartment condition
- Writing the contract
- A closing checklist for Realtors
- What happens if rates increase?
- What happens if rates decrease?
- The rule of 72s
- Ratios to help you determine value when buying real estate
- Important terms and definitions
- 14 Questions to ask your lender
- How to select a property management company
This training session can be combined with Single Page Life Plan for Realtors.
- The 6-Page laminated foldout, Multifamily Real Estate Investment, that summarizes the entire class for easy review.
- Signed copies of Walking and Talking, 57 Stories of Success and Humor in the Real Estate World of Business.
Walking and Talking: Stories of Success and Humor in the Real Estate World of Business
Some of the most valuable lessons we learn come from the stories of others.
Prepare to learn from stories of inspiration and humor from winners in today’s world of real estate. You will gain real-world insight and discover strategies and attitudes of extra-ordinary developers, brokers, agents, and owners who achieve success year-in and year-out.
Walking and Talking illustrates that there is not just one formula for success to follow, but hundreds. But all successful real estate professionals share one thing in common. They all find a way to take advantage of their unique skills and talents.
These stories are practical and motivating. They will spark ideas that will give you greater success by walking and talking too!
Between 1 and 6 hours and can dovetail with the training of Sell (or Buy) That Four Family Next Door!
- The Day I Learned about Walking and Talking: A Mindset for Success
- Stories from Winners in Today’s Marketplace
- Filed Under ‘That’s Incredible!’
- Stories of Perspective
- Stories of Success and Reward
- Developing Stories
- A Second Set of Footprints
- Notes, Quotes, and Asides
Can be combined with Sell (or Buy) That Four Family Next Door! – Understanding the Fundamentals of Multifamily Investment Property, or Single Page Life Plan for Realtors©
- Signed copies of Walking and Talking, 57 Stories of Success and Humor in the Real Estate World of Business
Contact me for more information on these presentations:
All of these presentations can be abbreviated to be effective lunch ‘n’ learns or expanded into 1 or 2 day events.
- Call me at (614) 774-0300
- Mail me at: Garrett K. Scanlon, ℅ CASTO, 250 Civic Center Drive, 5th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215
- Or you can send me a message below. This goes directly to me, and is not posted in any way on the website.